In early 2012 a large, well known copper mine near Cloncurry in Nth Queensland had a requirement to increase the capacity of their accommodation village from 680 rooms to 980 rooms. In order to cope with the additional rooms, key parts of the Village infrastructure & services also had to be upgraded.
In his 18 months on site, Setch Design's contract project manager successfully delivered (on time and on budget):
- Sewage Treatment Plant was upgraded with the addition of a 140 kL per day unit.
- 17km of fibre optic cable was installed on the mining lease.
- 300 rooms and 6 laundries were installed all with interconnecting footpaths and entrance awnings.
- The existing 11 kVA over head power line was extended 500 meters.
- 1 MVA pad mounted transformer was installed.
- A new larger camp kitchen was purchased and installed on site.
- The dining hall was renovated.
- The gym was upgraded and moved to a larger room.
- A mine manager’s house in Cloncurry was renovated.
This project and its' management have become a highly regarded example of successful project delivery.
- Design of Village& kitchen layouts,
- Coordination of all engineering disciplines,
- Tendering & procurement,
- Construction management